Furbies have their language called furbish. It comprises of short words and phrases and minimal sounds. A new furby speaks furbish only but can learn other languages with time too. Below are some of the phrases and what they mean:
- wee-tee-kah-wah-tee: Sing me a song.
- wee-tah-kah-loo-loo: Tell me a joke.
- u-nye-ay-tay-doo?: Are you hungry?
- wee-tah-kah-wee-loo: Tell me a story.
- u-nye-boh-doo?: How are you?
- u-nye-loo-lay-doo?: Do you want to play?
- u-nye-noh-lah: Show me a dance.
- u-nye-way-loh-nee-way: Go to sleep now.
Furbies may say these Furbish words:
- doo?: What? (Furbies say this when called)
- doo-dah: Yes. (Furbies say this in response to a command before doing it.)
- yoo?: Why will you not play with me today? (This usually means the Furby is upset.)
- boo: No. (Furbies say this when they do not want to carry out a command.)